Thursday, April 7, 2016

Sept 21, 2015

Group email

HOLA USTEDES!
My first week here.... Has been crazy. I love it! I was the only
Spanish missionary in this transfer so I'm in a trio! But these girls
are so amazing. We live with the ASL sisters so we are the only ones
that get internet so I can watch Mormon messages without a Church
around and I have all the Spanish & English everything in this magical
iPad.

But the really cool stuff: we have so many people to teach!!!!! It's
amazing. We barely have time for referrals let alone tracking because
we always have lessons and investigators. I guess my Spanish is better
than I thought because everyone looks really surprised when I
understand and talk to them but it's all the gift of tongues! The
branch here is hilarious and everyone is so nice to my gringa self.
But like 3 hours of church and I have no idea what they are saying
most the time.... I had to pray for both classes and bear my testimony
in sacrament meeting though!

Cool people: learned to make tamales with an investigator and we would
help each other with English and Spanish so funny though! We get fed
every night here by the members of the branch so amazing real Mexican
food Every. Single. Day. Am I blessed or what? I don't have an awkward
hugging probably anymore either cause you literally hug everyone!
(Females only of course) There was a guy that we talked to on the
street that I guess was hitting on us in Spanish (I had no idea cause
I don't know any of those words yet Jajaja) so we thought he wasn't
really infested in the message just the girls and we gave him to the
elders and then he came to church! And some of others that we've been
teaching did too!!

I see miracles every day here! The church is true!
Con amor,
Hermana Eldredge



No comments:

Post a Comment