Monday, April 11, 2016

Jan 4, 2016

Washington can't hang


So weirdest Sunday on my mission yet. Christmas came a little late and
we got snow! But since no one is accustomed to this crazy foreign
frozen water on the roads, all churches were canceled and we're not
allowed to drive. So we've been making the best of it with cards games
and called in pizza and tracting our own apartments last night. One of
our favorite families is moving today though so we got special
permission to go help them move until the sun went down and the roads
freeze. I hope all you Utahans keep the snow with you cause the work
has to keep going here!

This week was so fun and busy with lessons. La familia prietos made us
BBQ ribs for New Years Eve and the Texan elders were almost crying
with happiness. I'm so content with the food our members feed us, too
many blessings in the form of tamales.

“I am so thoroughly convinced that if we don’t set goals in our life
and learn how to master the techniques of living to reach our goals,
we can reach a ripe old age and look back on our life only to see that
we reached but a small part of our full potential. When one learns to
master the principles of setting a goal, he will then be able to make
a great difference in the results he attains in his life." -Elder M.
Russell Ballard

I can say that Elder Ballard speaks pure wisdom that we are all living
below our potential. Being able to set and reach goals is how we
become something and accomplish. I challenge all of you to set a goal
to change the way you read the Book of Mormon to a way you can better
learn from it. Once you decide to do it, and stick to it 100%, I
promise you will have a stronger spirit of the lord with you at all
times and you will see the difference in your life.

I love the Book of Mormon and I love the lord and I love being his missionary!
Feliz Nuevo año y les quiero mucho,
Hermana Eldredge

No comments:

Post a Comment