Tuesday, April 19, 2016

April 18, 2016

Buenas Noticias 

Queridos 💛  
This week was transfer news and I had a feeling I was leaving my birthplace. But apparently I don't have the gift of prophecy. I survived and I am staying in Vancouver with Hermana Alvarez! Usually missionaries get transferred after 2 or 3 at most, this is my 6th here but I guess I'm the exception. I'm a little worried that Heavenly Father needs me to do something that I haven't done so I'm trying to get out of the box here. But I really feel so blessed because we are working with so many prepared families and I get to see all the baptisms through!  Also there is a Jimmy John's in the area so that's probably a factor too. Heavenly Father answers prayers! 

One thing that I have learned more about this week is how He does answer our prayers. At times it's difficult for me to find balance in my prayers of what my wants/needs are and what is selfish to ask for. I know God cares about little things in our life (dance, school, work, bad hair days) that maybe won't be so important in the long run. (Alma 34 so great) But he also doesn't grant our every desire just cause we ask. Sometimes I feel too selfish asking for blessings because I already have way more than I deserve but sometimes find myself wondering why things didn't work out even if I prayed my heart out for them. I have discovered though that if we ask for godly desires and submit our will to Him, he will bless us with the strength and peace we need for whatever trial he gives us. Just like Alma when they were being persecuted by Amulon: “I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoul­ ders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs. And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord" They were the happiest people and they were being treated so unfairly. So next time you have a bad hair day and are asking for it to go away, after that thank him for your hair and ask for his help to still have the best day ever regardless of your ugly hair. And he will! 

Sorry for the long email. I'm just really happy and loving my mission more everyday! I want you all to know how grateful I am for all of you and for love, prayers, emails and letters! I want you to know that I know God is our loving Heavenly Father and he wants us to be happy. I know that Jesus Christ is our savior the hope we have in this life to be happy.  I know that we have been given the Holy Ghost to guide us and help us feel that love, peace, and happiness! 

Love,
Hermana Eldredge



1 comment:

  1. Proud of you. Keep up the great work you are doing.
    Love you,

    Lloyd

    ReplyDelete