Monday, April 4, 2016

August 13, 2015

HOLA CHICA AND CHICHOS!

Personas! This place is amazing. The gift of tongues is real because I can already pray, testify, and teach in Spanish! Loco right? Well the teaching.. it's surprisingly not as bad as I thought, but at the same time worse. You are basically doing charades mixed with some Spanish vocab. We had to start teaching an investigator Enrique our first Friday we were here. He's a teacher here though and crazy good looking so that was rough. But we are on like our 5th lesson and he agreed to be baptized so I guess it wasn't that bad. I'm surprised at how fast you learn here but I'm basically at a Jesus Hogwarts. I mean that so seriously though. We are on this huge campus with security gaurds and we just leave our families to come learn, we are completely isolated from real people unless they take us to Hogsmead (temple), we have to learn Parsletongue (Spanish), and we get sorted to all our different houses. But really I love it. Everyday you learn so much about the gospel and about yourself. I have so much more to learn! My district though is amazing. I have cried a couple times from laughing so hard. My trio is the only Hermanas but these boys are unreal amazing. I feel like I have known them all my whole life! We can go from laughing so hard there is people on the ground to crying because the spirit is so strong in there. We get priesthood blessings from them too and I could not be more grateful for that. Last night they were all singing High School Musical to us so I'll send a video they are hilarious.

Last night was hilarious though. I got out of the shower to find my companions locked out of our room. Soooo long story short, we had to walk all the way across campus (we are the furthest dorm) to the front desk. By the way my hair was soaked, no name tags, jesus sandals, and I was in a night gown.. So a security guy walked us all the way back and of course I was dumb enough to say that I knew some people who broke into the MTC a couple weeks ago.. Ha yeah awkward walk back but we made it there eventually. It's so weird having a bed time again though. I love getting 8 hours of sleep though so I can't complain. It's crazy to me though that you can get this many teenage girls and boys in one place without supervision almost all day and they are completely obedient to the rules set. Everyone here is just trying to become better disciples of Christ so we actually study all day and speak our language as much as possible and let God really shape us into who we need to become. Ah I love it here.

Sister Blackner sadly left here monday. It was nice for my first week though to cuddle in bed with her and talk about our lives again like we usually do. It felt a little too much like home though. I miss her here already! I got to see Zoozter Jorgenson a lot too but she's off to Trinidad. I see Hermana Strand every day though thankfully but only for a minute or two cause she's in my building. I see Elder Dawson a lot also at lunch and around so I love that too!

But the Church is true everyone. Read the Book of Mormon you'll fall in love I promise!
Te amo, Hermana Eldredge



DISTRICT 49A 

My distract and cute comps! the pics wouldn't work but I got blessed with the best comps ever and the greatest distract ever! I see tender mercies every hour here!




No comments:

Post a Comment