Monday, April 11, 2016

Jan 25, 2016

Buenas Tardes 
The dirty 'couv is welcoming the one and only Hermana Alverez! I said
bye to my mother and trainer Hermana Butler this week. We were sad but
changes are so good for the work! Plus Hermana Alverez and I are
weirdly alike so far, comp unity is all good. She is from Puerto Rico,
likes to cook, and loves to work hard. Basically my Spanish, appetite,
and la obra are all improving!

For those that don't know my Mission President Taylor had a heart
attack, but he has many prayers going for him so he is on his way back
to health but this is what I wrote him for my weekly letter and I
thought you might enjoy!

President Taylor,
Writing a normal letter seemed a little too ordinary this time
So I thought maybe I'll write our miracles this week with a rhyme

I've been loving my mission, even the highs and the lows
We can count our blessings till we run out of fingers and toes

From Monday to Monday the time flies by too fast
Trying to work, sweat, and make our precious time last

The days are long they warned me but the weeks will fly by
I swear last week we were eating presidents homemade pie?

But the New Year begun with fresh hope in the air
Of those prepared to hear of the message of Christ we share

The elect we've found, ready to act on the truths we bring
Because to them His gospel already has a "familiar ring"

They already knew and accepted this perfect plan he gave
Our brother so willing and loving to save our lives from the grave

Only a moment ago we were together in this heavenly fight
We chose our savior, promising to always follow His light

For God gave every child that great light of Christ as a guide
So when missionaries like us teach they feel His love burning inside

The Holy Ghost testifies to them of the father and son within
While we learn and teach his word I can almost feel the veil thin

After faith and repentance, they'll be baptized by immersion as a member
Then a conformation of the Holy Ghost and conventing to always remember

With weekly renewal of this promise by partaking of the bread and water
We'll rejoice together, taking Christ's name as reborn sons and daughters

As we follow the steps of the strait and narrow and endure to the end
His gospel will continue to go forth until the day every knee shall bend

So president thank you for all you have given to serve our lord in your life
The love you have for us and the work radiates from you and your wife

The only thing is, I have to give some advice if you will let me
Only that our mortal bodies aren't perfect just yet as they will be

So if you love too much your heart can't hold it all in!
Though I don't believe that love and working too hard is a sin

Just remember we're thankful for the sacrifice to be here and all that you do
We know you'll be out golfing soon but we're still praying for you two (:


Con mucho love,
Hermana Audrey Eldredge





No comments:

Post a Comment