Thursday, July 28, 2016

Haaaaaaave you met Hermana Judkins?

July 25, 2016

Hey y'all! So I'm officially a mom as the mission slang goes and I am
training and new Hermanita! As cliché as it sounds I don't feel like
my job is too hard, she is already killing it. And kind of killing me
cause she's a marathon runner so she's quite literally running circles
around me. She likes peanut butter so we get along pretty dang well.

It's been fun to watch her grow and let her fail a little bit as we
teach people. It makes me think of all the people I've met here and
how they did the same for me. (Examples from my first transfer
discovering the whole gift of to tongues thing: telling people "as we
cook this family" in a prayer, "God has other old people that are not
of this fold", "God has a body of flesh and eggs...") But all mistakes
and failures make us humble. Humility makes hit our knees and learn to
rely on our Heavenly Father.
This week we had a cool lesson and dinner planned with a part member
family at a members home. The mom called us a couple hours before and
said they wouldn't be able to come. So we have a whole bunch of food
and some willing members but no one to teach. I sat there disappointed
and couldn't think of any of our investigators that would be able to
come at such a short notice, but my sweet companion says "So who are
we gunna get to come?" We said a prayer and a name came our minds of
this sweet old Mexican man that lives a little far off from Astoria.
We had never been able to teach him much but he answered the phone and
said he would love to come. The night went beautifully and he accepted
an invitation to be baptized without hesitation.

Sometimes we think our ways are the best ways, especially when they
are really good ways! But when we trust in our all loving Heavenly
Father, he is able to bless us with his perfect plan. The amazing
thing is that if we are doing our part, we can have full confidence in
Him that everything will fall into place in the best possible way for
us. He promises us that.
1 Nephi 9:6 But the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning;
wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the
children of men; for behold, he hath all power unto the fulfilling of
all his words.

I love you all and I'm so thankful for all the selfies and emails you
send me here. Keep praying for my people up here! we need all the faith
we can get ❤️

❤️Hermana Audrey Eldredge


1. I'm a little obsessed with how good the view is while tracting
2. I complimented this girl's aloe Vera plant and at the end of the
lesson she gave me part of it!
3. Portland Temple trips ❤️
4. First day with my new baby
5. Sleepover with the Seaside sisters before interviews with the
president - it's very possible we didn't sleep very much






No comments:

Post a Comment